Contact & Reservation Information
If you wish to reserve a Sea Kayak, please follow the instructions on this page.
- Review the information provided on the Experience Required to Rent a Sea Kayak page to ensure you meet the experience requirements.
- Review the information provided on the Kayak Rental Prices page to ensure you understand what a kayak rental entails
- Review the Booking and Cancellation terms below
- Click the Inquire Now button to be directed to our Kayak Rental Inquiry Form. Please complete the form as fully as possible.
You may also call us on +1-250-928-3114 or Toll Free on 1-877-949-7707.
Booking and Cancellation Terms
Do I need to Reserve or Book a Rental Kayak?
The short answer to this is Yes.
Overnight and longer kayak rental periods are not available unless booked in advance. For day kayak rentals we will typically be able to find a kayak for you on most days, but suggest you call ahead to avoid disappointment.
What does it cost to Book or Reserve a kayak rental?
A deposit equal to 50% of the rental is required to reserve your equipment until 30 days prior to departure, when the balance is due in full.
What if I need to Cancel my kayak rental?
We understand that sometimes plans need to change. Please read and understand the following cancellation and delay policy.
There is a $30 per person administration charge applied to all cancellations. Upon receipt of written notice of cancellation, the balance of your trip fee will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- 30 Days or more – Full Refund less $30 Administration Charge per person
- 29-14 days – 50% Refund
- 13 days or less – No Refund
What if I am delayed at the start of my rental?
If you are delayed due to bad weather, cancelled or delayed flights or delays with other modes of transport, sickness or other situations for which North Island Kayak cannot make provision, extra costs arising from the delay are not included, nor are rental reservations refundable. While we make every effort to accommodate delays and cancellations, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to cover any costs, which may be incurred by you due to our cancellation policy.
What if I return my kayaks or equipment late?
Please note that late kayak or equipment returns are charged at the Full Day rental rate for each day or part thereof
Will you work with me if I need to change my kayak rental dates?
We will strive to offer flexible options wherever possible however, any such delays are the responsibility of the participant.